NOMINATION for the York Public Interest Research Group Board of Directors is open to any OPIRG member, as long as the nomination is supported by at least 15 member signatures. All York students who have paid their student fees and not opted out of OPIRG York’s levy fee are members of OPIRG YORK and eligible for nomination. Community members may run for the board as well. A community member is anyone who pays their dues ($3-20 sliding scale) and signs the community membership form.
- Wednesday October 9 to Monday October 21, 2019
-Nomination forms are attached below, or can be picked up from the OPIRG office (Rm C449, Student Centre)
- Completed nomination forms should be dropped off at the OPIRG York office. The deadline to submit completed forms is Monday October 21 at 6pm.
- The election of the board shall happen at the OPIRG York General Meeting, to be held on Thursday October 24th from 6 to 8pm, in room 430 of the First Student Centre.
- Each candidate will be asked to provide a short written statement about why they would be good candidates for the position.
- The polling station will be open from 6pm - 8pm.
For more questions and inquiries please contact Niloofar Golkar, OPIRG York Chief Returning Office (CRO) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of the nomination form and more information about OPIRG York are available in the OPIRG York office, room C449 Student Centre.